[eglisegnostique] A new Gospel of Judas (fwd)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      Hello All,

      Thought this might interest you. t is from the French Gnostic
      Church's mailing list (Ecclesiagnostique (sp) if you try to find it
      in the Yahoo directory).

      *** Begin of forwarded message ***

      Date: 09/06/05 9:12 PM
      From: Jan Valentin Saether
      Subject: [eglisegnostique] A new Gospel of Judas

      --- Forwarded message follows ---

      Hi everyone,

      I am not often involved in the www and the Eglise Gnostique site.
      However I came across this on a middle east news page (through the
      truly gnostic sleuth Terje Bergersen) and thought it would be of
      interest.
      Stephan had once mentioned an earlier instance of this story that
      occurred in the early nineties when James M. Robinson of Clairmont
      missed an opportunity to see the MS in New York as the sellers never
      showed. Check it out. It is a messy story of sketchy providence
      though the MS is real enough.

      http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/culture/?id=13097

      and furthermore:

      http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/manuscripts/gospel_of_judas/