Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: The Mind's Eye

  • j.j.salt
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4 4:02 PM
      That attitude--that just as the human mind is the creation of God, so too God is the creation of the human mind--is one with which I feel a great deal of resonance.  I do see, at a basic level, creation as God creating not-God, which then evolves to become God, although it has had God within all the time.  Who creates whom is thus, in my mind, a "chicken and egg" kind of question.

      Regards,
      j.j.salt

      Mike Leavitt <ac998@...> wrote, in part:
      Well it wasn't him who said it first, but it sounds a lot like the
      attitude of Eliphas Levi Zahid, the French occultist.  More like the
      quote (again while it might have been Voltare, I'm not sure) God
      created man and man returned the favor.  That is more like Levi.

      Mike Leavitt  ac998_@_lafn._org  remove -'s

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4 5:02 PM
        Hello lady_caritas

        On 09/04/05, you wrote:

        > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "j.j.salt" <jj_salt@y...> wrote:
        >

        >> So whenever I have a question in my mind as to whether something
        > is "real" or a "metaphor," the answer is, simply, "Yes."
        >>
        >> If you need a literal Sophia, and you don't find one, then you need
        > to create one. As the old saying goes, "If God did not exist we
        > would be obliged to create Him." (Who did say that, anyway? I'm
        > blocking who it was. If anybody knows, I'd appreciate being
        > reminded.)
        >>
        >> In Unity,
        >> j.j.salt
        >

        > Hi, Durak.
        >
        > That would be Voltaire:
        > http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=776218
        >

        > Cari

        OK I was right, but you had a more accurate quote, though my version
        has been uttered before, but the idea was Voltaire.

        Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s