Re: bounced mail

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2005
      > Hello all
      >
      > My Isp shut me off over the weekend (they lost our check and then
      > found it). During that time I had a lot of bounced mail, but Yahoo
      > was supposed to have fixed that (and I have been getting other Yahoo
      > list mail). Am I still with the list, and if so, why so quiet?
      >
      > --
      > Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s

      Of course you're still here, Mike. ;-)

      How about coming directly to the site to see if you missed any posts
      in your bounced mail:

      It was a little quiet over the weekend, but we had a lot of action
      last week....

      Any topics of interest you want to bring into discussion?

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 2005
          Hello lady_caritas

          On 08/31/05, you wrote:

          >> Hello all
          >>
          >> My Isp shut me off over the weekend (they lost our check and then
          >> found it). During that time I had a lot of bounced mail, but Yahoo
          >> was supposed to have fixed that (and I have been getting other
          >> Yahoo list mail). Am I still with the list, and if so, why so
          >> quiet?
          >>
          >> --
          >> Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s
          >

          > Of course you're still here, Mike. ;-)
          >
          > How about coming directly to the site to see if you missed any posts
          > in your bounced mail:
          >
          > It was a little quiet over the weekend, but we had a lot of action
          > last week....
          >
          > Any topics of interest you want to bring into discussion?
          >
          > Cari

          Real live demiurge events. Ie. my ISP cut me off on Saturday for
          non-payment, found my check on Sunday and reconnected me on Monday.
          When they reconnected me they put me under spam blocking, which
          blocks my son's emails (it is a very inept system) and I had to get
          that straightened out. Anyway I think much of the demiurgic system
          is built on incomptence, though that part of it is human fed, of
          course. The mericle is when something goes right, like my recent
          surgery, where human competence seems to overcome the demiurgic trend
          towards incompetence. Shows we have at least some control over
          things. Even my ISP did get me hooked up again, so...

          Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31, 2005
            > Hello lady_caritas
            >
            > On 08/31/05, you wrote:
            >
            > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...>
            wrote:
            > >> Hello all
            > >>
            > >> My Isp shut me off over the weekend (they lost our check and then
            > >> found it). During that time I had a lot of bounced mail, but
            Yahoo
            > >> was supposed to have fixed that (and I have been getting other
            > >> Yahoo list mail). Am I still with the list, and if so, why so
            > >> quiet?
            > >>
            > >> --
            > >> Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s
            > >

            > > Of course you're still here, Mike. ;-)
            > >
            > > How about coming directly to the site to see if you missed any
            posts
            > > in your bounced mail:
            > >
            > > It was a little quiet over the weekend, but we had a lot of
            action
            > > last week....
            > >
            > > Any topics of interest you want to bring into discussion?
            > >
            > > Cari
            >
            > Real live demiurge events. Ie. my ISP cut me off on Saturday for
            > non-payment, found my check on Sunday and reconnected me on Monday.
            > When they reconnected me they put me under spam blocking, which
            > blocks my son's emails (it is a very inept system) and I had to get
            > that straightened out. Anyway I think much of the demiurgic system
            > is built on incomptence, though that part of it is human fed, of
            > course. The mericle is when something goes right, like my recent
            > surgery, where human competence seems to overcome the demiurgic
            trend
            > towards incompetence. Shows we have at least some control over
            > things. Even my ISP did get me hooked up again, so...
            >
            > Regards
            > --
            > Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s

            Oh, Mike, what a mess,... but I'm glad everything eventually was
            straightened out. Good that your surgery was successful, too!

            Yes, we do have *some* control over things.

            Speaking of real live demiurgic events, the author of the following
            article gives us his answer to "How Can a Good God Cause a
            Hurricane?":
            http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/article_9281.shtml

            Earthquakes and hurricanes are mortals' fault? Who knew... Mr.
            Swank wants to know where the good God is? I'd say not in this
            article, which perfectly describes a capricious, controlling
            demiurge, IMO.

            But then, I'm admittedly more partial to other variations of the
            creation myth -- myth, as in story with metaphorical meaning, not as
            in literal, historical human bashing.

            http://www.gnosis.org/genesis.html

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31, 2005
              Oh MY!!! I could only get through about half of that piece by Swank
              before I felt physically uncomfortable sensations stimulating certain
              nether regions of my body, giving me a great urge to sit on the cold
              white throne of his "Conservative" platform and leave my vote.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31, 2005
                Hello pmcvflag

                On 08/31/05, you wrote:

                > Oh MY!!! I could only get through about half of that piece by Swank
                > before I felt physically uncomfortable sensations stimulating
                > certain nether regions of my body, giving me a great urge to sit on
                > the cold white throne of his "Conservative" platform and leave my
                > vote.
                >
                > PMCV

                That is why I saved myself the discomfort and didn't read it, I knew
                how it was going to be like from Cari's comments. I don't need to
                get my blood pressure up either.

              • Thomas Leavitt
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                  I have to confess that I simply utterly fail to understand the point of
                  view expressed by that MichNews.com article...

                  "how truly crucial it is to obey an Almighty God, falling at His feet
                  for mercy and grace, beseeching Him to redeem Earth’s tragedies into a
                  meaning that only eternity can fully explain."

                  "Hope comes from reaching out in faith to good God, calling upon His
                  everlasting arms, and finding Him there — no matter the tragedy, the
                  loss, and the perplexity."

                  Are we nothing more than wailing children seeking comfort in a parent's
                  arms?!? (after a spanking, no less)

                  The gap between the orthodox and gnostic points of view seems like a
                  yawning chasm, greater than even the Grand Canyon...

                  Regards,
                  Thomas Leavitt

                  Message: 6
                  Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:50:07 -0800
                  From: Mike Leavitt <ac998@...>
                  Subject: Re: bounced mail and other real live demiurge events

                  Hello pmcvflag

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 14, 2005
                    --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Leavitt <thomas@t...>
                    wrote:
                    > [...]
                    >
                    > Are we nothing more than wailing children seeking comfort in a
                    > parent's arms?!? (after a spanking, no less)

                    Well, I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know, Thomas, but
                    yes, sadly, that's *exactly* what some of us are.

                    > The gap between the orthodox and gnostic points of view seems like a
                    > yawning chasm, greater than even the Grand Canyon...
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Thomas Leavitt

                    You said a mouthful there!