Re: Error

  • janahooks
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 5 2:06 PM
      Thanks for posting that link, Gerry. It really isn't quite what I
      had hoped (or imagined). My sister and I have daydreamed about one
      of us learning Greek and the other Hebrew to cover our bases, but we
      both thought Greek sounded like more fun. As a result, the jasmine
      and the blackberry are at odds, and the mailbox post remains bare.
      (Just to get back to gardening. Hee.)

      I can't
      > wait to decide where it will all go.

      Wow, good job with your rescue effort. Remember to plant it on the
      opposite side of your fence so the blooms will hang on your side.
      Sounds like you have a nice lot. Keep planting those local
      perinneals, perrenials (good grief) and you won't have to spend much
      time messing. I had a great and long season with my Echinechea
      (purple coneflower) this year. That should be good for you even if
      you are just out of my zone--lordy, I'm starting to sound like a
      fanatic. It is like a puzzle, though, isn't it?

      "Br'er Ger's Briar Patch." That has potential, but I think I
      > need to sleep on it (which is my answer to everything these days).

      Oh, the illustration that is forming in my mind..."Where the Wild
      Things Are" meets "Uncle Remus". ;)

      Happy planting,
      jana
      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 28 12:37 PM
        Hello pmcvflag

        On 07/25/05, you wrote:

        > Gerry is overly humble. Let me state for the record that I have
        > taken his observations over people who actually technically
        > ARE "linguists" by trade.
        >
        > PMCV
        >
        > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
        >>
        >> --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "marinas_snake"
        >> <marinas_snake@y...> wrote:
        >>>

        >>> Gerry, are you a linguist?
        >>>
        >>> Marina
        >>>

        >> A Linguist? No, Marina. I was raised a Methodist.
        >>
        >> Well, I was going to extend my facetious abuse of that term to a
        >> long
        >> spiel on glossolalia, but even as waggish as I feel at the moment,
        >> it
        >> is actually my fatigue that is winning out. Let me just admit
        >> that I
        >> do have a peculiar interest (i.e., geeky fascination) when it
        >> comes
        >> to languages. Nothing of a professional nature though.
        >>
        >> Gerry

        At least we can't accuse him of ego inflation. :-)

        Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s