Re: [Gnosticism2] Digest Number 877

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2005
      Jana,

      Your question has brought me out... :) If what you are asking is what I think - friends and I call him, gray face. The face of blah, mediocrity, melancholy, un-living, un-breathing... etc. You get the picture. Anyway - to answer your question - yes.

      But on the up note - he is gone now.

      Note to All:

      I am reading a book called The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. It seems strangely Gnostic, but for some reason I am unable to place my finger on why I feel like that or where the similarities are coming from. The basic gist of the book is (my interpretation so far):
      • there is one source
      • the source is in all things
      • the source is constantly creating
      • the source wants nothing more than the well being of itself and thus all things connected to it or a part of it
      • free will is to choose connecting with the source or not connecting with the source
      • not connecting with the source = bad juju = corruptibility
      • connecting with the source = good stuff = creatability
      This is my interpretation so far, but I am far from finished with the book.

      - xiblis

      > > ... If one does not first
      class="moz-txt-citetags">
      > > I admit that my mainstream Christian upbringing is probably messing > with me here, but this seems like the only passage referenced in the > past few posts where not dying is a negative thing. Or did I just > read in circles? Or is it more of a figure of speech meaning a > liberation of spirit? > Oh, BTW, I think you were on to something with the syndrome you > mentioned. I forgot how they adore facts. How frustrating to fixate > on a subject like gnosticism. (Even as an assumed subheading.) > > Seen the Gray Man lately? > jana
    • janahooks
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2005
        Jen, sorry about the confusion...that was an off-topic comment for
        Gerry. (See post 11158.) :) Your book sounds interesting. Does
        the author list references that might contain gnostic subject
        matter? (Sometimes I can give myself a whole new reading list that
        way.)

        BTW, I'm glad your *gray man* is gone. :)

        jana