Re: Error

    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 8, 2005

      > Returning to the conversation with Gerry where he writes

      > Well I had come across it, as another name for some mythical
      character. As
      > such it never struck me as being an important concept in its own
      right as
      > Gerry seems to be indicating. [And Harris certainly does not refer
      to it in
      > this way] After reading your references that's still my
      position ... am I
      > missing something?
      >
      > Gich

      Context.

      Gerry originally brought up "error" in relation to your discussion
      of "creation" and a "plan":

      Gich, after all your reading of the mythology and articles summaries,
      do you have any comments about "error" in relation to "creation"?

      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 28, 2005
        Hello pmcvflag

        On 07/25/05, you wrote:

        > Gerry is overly humble. Let me state for the record that I have
        > taken his observations over people who actually technically
        > ARE "linguists" by trade.
        >
        > PMCV
        >
        > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
        >>
        >> --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "marinas_snake"
        >> <marinas_snake@y...> wrote:
        >>>

        >>> Gerry, are you a linguist?
        >>>
        >>> Marina
        >>>

        >> A Linguist? No, Marina. I was raised a Methodist.
        >>
        >> Well, I was going to extend my facetious abuse of that term to a
        >> long
        >> spiel on glossolalia, but even as waggish as I feel at the moment,
        >> it
        >> is actually my fatigue that is winning out. Let me just admit
        >> that I
        >> do have a peculiar interest (i.e., geeky fascination) when it
        >> comes
        >> to languages. Nothing of a professional nature though.
        >>
        >> Gerry

        At least we can't accuse him of ego inflation. :-)

        Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s