Re: SALVATION or not? GNOSIS or not?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      > I've thought of another way of wording this avoiding the concept
      of "gnosis"
      > being a divine gift. Firstly, represent (man) as the quadruple:
      >
      > (man) == [(body), (mind), (soul), (spirit)]
      >
      > and consider that (spirit) is located in the Pleroma and (soul) is
      located
      > in the Ogdoad.
      >
      > (Man) is created ignorant of his true nature and can be considered
      to be in
      > a state of "sleep"; he's not aware of the (soul), (spirit) aspects
      of his
      > nature. When (body) dies we can conceive of (man) "waking up" and
      finding
      > himself in the Pleroma where he's always been ... or finding
      himself in the
      > Ogdoad where, also, he's always been.
      >
      > Gich

      Again, just for clarification, Gich, "Ogdoad" is a term you've been
      using with a personal definition. Others might use "Middle Region"
      or other parlance since Ogdoad also refers to the First Eight Aeons
      of the Pleroma in some Gnostic mythology.

      In order to avoid confusion, perhaps you could make this distinction
      in future posts, if you prefer to use this term.

      Thanks,