Re: [Gnosticism2] I'm new here and...............

  • Charlene Humphrey
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2005
      Hi Cynthia..........

           My suggestion to you would be to read Slyvia Brownes book, "The Nature of Good and Evil". I thoroughly enjoyed it and got a great deal out of it. I hope you will too if you decide to read it.

      Blessings to you..........

      Char

      cynthia <cyndojarrell@...> wrote:
      Hello and Merry Meet,
      I am new here and very curous about the Gnostic tradition. I am a
      student of Anthropology and Theology and have not had the opportunity
      to study the gnostic tradition in itself. I have some knowledge of it
      from work I have done on Jesus and his followers but only in reference.
      I have heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls and am interested to learn more.
      My spacific area of study as of yet has been women's roles in
      prechristian traditions. I grew up Catholic and but after years of
      study have chosen a wiccan path. I have followed the wheel of the year
      since 1979 and I am comfortable in my path but would lkie to know more
      about yours. If anyone could suggest a begginners book I would be very
      grateful. Thank you Cynthia

      Do You Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2005
        Hey Charlene

        Welcome to the group. I do think it may be important for you to know
        that Sylvia Browne is actually not related to the subject matter of
        this group. I know she uses the term "Gnostic" but so do lots of
        groups that are not related to each other.

        Instead, this group is about traditional Gnosticism. This is nothing
        against Sylvia, but for anyone here who may be interested in her
        teachings rather than historical Gnosticism, here is a link to a
        group that deals with them...
        member there, Charlene)

        Hope that helps anyone who is searching for something other than
        what this group offers.

        PMCV

        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Charlene Humphrey