hey group

  • josephine0214
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2005
      Hi
      i'd like to introduce myself. I'm Jo, very new to the discovery of
      Gnostiscs. I'm starting to read the Gospel of Mary. I'm overwhelmed
      at
      the information God has been feeding me.
      So, i'm just reading many group sites and seeing what folks have to
      say. I hope to learn and grow from reading these gospels. I'm also
      checking out groups regarding those with spiritual experiences
      similar
      to mine. There's so much happening in the world today, i'm trying to
      make sense of it all. the more i dig, the more info i receive, i'm
      amazed how and why all these changes have been going on-more things
      are
      making sense.

      a brief on my spiritual experience: i had my chakras aligned, my
      electricity calmed down, and something "opened up" inside. i now
      see "guides" everywhere, have visions, and are meeting many many
      people
      that feed me information, such as the gospels that arent in the
      Bible.
      I have been told of Indigo children, which fits my younger daughter
      (i
      have 2 daughters) perfectly. i am shocked at what my kids experience
      psychically (?spelling) as well as what continues to happen to me.
      and
      now i have been reading about the dimensions of the world changing. i
      honestly dont know what to think, so i'm eager to read everyone's
      views.

      i'm a headstart teacher, looking forward to the summer off! :)

      there's so much to read and check out, and dial up is sooo slow!
      thanks everyone!
      -jos (also known as princess leia, i'm told I "have the force")lol
    • janahooks
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2005
        Hello, jos.

        > i'm a headstart teacher, looking forward to the summer off! :)

        Ditto, sister! My kids are in Day 4 out of 6 days of standardized
        testing. We are all so o v e r it. (I teach art and tutor in
        reading, K-5.)

        jos, I don't know a thing about chakras and electricity, but I've been
        poking around in gnosticism for a year with the help of the brilliant
        people in this group. Coming from a good ol' Baptist background, I
        found it all a bit shocking (hey, maybe I do know something about
        electricity :), and this group is great for suggesting reading on a
        certain subject, referencing, and deciphering...without giving up all
        the secrets too quickly. What fun is that? :)

        Anyway, thanks for being a headstart teacher.

        jana
      • Charlene Humphrey
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2005

          Welcome to the group! I, personally, would love to hear more about your experiences & more about your children. It sounds like you have a wealth of things that you could share with us! (grin)

          Again, welcome!

          Char

          (CherryCoke4Char@...)

          Discover Yahoo!
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2005
            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "josephine0214"
            <josephine0214@y...> wrote:
            > Hi
            > i'd like to introduce myself. I'm Jo, very new to the discovery of
            > Gnostiscs. I'm starting to read the Gospel of Mary. I'm overwhelmed
            > at
            > the information God has been feeding me.
            > So, i'm just reading many group sites and seeing what folks have to
            > say. I hope to learn and grow from reading these gospels. I'm also
            > checking out groups regarding those with spiritual experiences
            > similar
            > to mine. There's so much happening in the world today, i'm trying
            > make sense of it all. the more i dig, the more info i receive, i'm
            > amazed how and why all these changes have been going on-more things
            > are
            > making sense.
            >
            > a brief on my spiritual experience: i had my chakras aligned, my
            > electricity calmed down, and something "opened up" inside. i now
            > see "guides" everywhere, have visions, and are meeting many many
            > people
            > that feed me information, such as the gospels that arent in the
            > Bible.
            > I have been told of Indigo children, which fits my younger daughter
            > (i
            > have 2 daughters) perfectly. i am shocked at what my kids
            experience
            > psychically (?spelling) as well as what continues to happen to me.
            > and
            > now i have been reading about the dimensions of the world changing.
            > honestly dont know what to think, so i'm eager to read everyone's
            > views.
            >
            > i'm a headstart teacher, looking forward to the summer off! :)
            >
            > there's so much to read and check out, and dial up is sooo slow!
            > thanks everyone!
            > -jos (also known as princess leia, i'm told I "have the force")lol

            Hello, jos. Welcome to the group. Let us know what you think of the
            Gospel of Mary when you finish reading it. Also be sure to check out
            some introductory essays on Gnosticism in our "Links" section, which
            can provide a bit of historical background. And feel free to bring
            questions to the forum.

          • josephine0214
            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2005
              Hi jana
              the schoolkids (and teachers :) must be counting down the last days
              of school now.
              When I worked in the k-6 school system, I would work with sp.ed.
              students as they had tests modified. those days were so stressful for
              the students, I remember being completley exhausted the end of the
              day. the sad thing is, we cant offer spiritual support to the
              students in any manner.there's so much about the system that needs to
              be changed to benefit the kids, in many ways. I dont see the harm in
              allowing a child to pray to his/her god if that what may give him/her
              a sense of peace. i'm really not a holy-roller! just seeing that
              things havent necessarily changed for the better within the classroom.
              have a good week!
              jos

              -- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "janahooks" <janahooks@y...> wrote:
              > Hello, jos.
              >
              > > i'm a headstart teacher, looking forward to the summer off! :)
              >
              > Ditto, sister! My kids are in Day 4 out of 6 days of standardized
              > testing. We are all so o v e r it. (I teach art and tutor in
              > reading, K-5.)
              >
              > jos, I don't know a thing about chakras and electricity, but I've
              been
              > poking around in gnosticism for a year with the help of the
              brilliant
              > people in this group. Coming from a good ol' Baptist background, I
              > found it all a bit shocking (hey, maybe I do know something about
              > electricity :), and this group is great for suggesting reading on a
              > certain subject, referencing, and deciphering...without giving up
              all
              > the secrets too quickly. What fun is that? :)
              >
              > Anyway, thanks for being a headstart teacher.
              >
              > jana
            • josephine0214
              Message 6 of 6 , May 23, 2005
                Hi Char
                well it seems like a lot has happened and again, maybe it's not as
                much as what other group members have experienced. Do you have
                anything you could share? I'm jotting down all the books everyone is
                referring. I wish there was a Gnostic bible study group around these
                parts of Maine to discuss my readings with another person, but this
                group will serve the purpose!
                God bless,
                jos

                --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Charlene Humphrey
                <cherrycoke4char@y...> wrote:

                > Welcome to the group! I, personally, would love to hear more about
                your experiences & more about your children. It sounds like you have
                a wealth of things that you could share with us! (grin)

                > Again, welcome!
                >
                > Char
                >
                > (CherryCoke4Char@y...)

                > Discover Yahoo!
                > Find restaurants, movies, travel & more fun for the weekend. Check
                it out!