Ahoy !

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2005
      Just hoping that no one got lost on the way to the group this weekend.
      After the Easter Surprise by the Yahoo Archons (now there's an infamous
      name . . . kinda like the Valentine's Day Massacre), some of us are
      still looking around the site to see just what's moved or missing.

      The good news is . . . we don't seem to have lost any more archived
      posts this time. The bad news, however, is that it will be much harder
      from now on to locate a specific post from among those that remain.

      One little trick that will help when searching through messages is to
      remember that NEXT now refers to older posts, and PREVIOUS will refer
      to more recent ones. That's easy 'nough, right? Similarly, LAST
      refers to the first in a series, and FIRST will hereafter refer to the
      last one. Now surely that's not so difficult, people, not for a group
      that is so accustomed to seeing conventional understanding turned on
      its freakin' head.

      I have little doubt that the Gnostics of old would merely laugh at
      Yahoo's latest contrivance, and I hope everyone here manages to enjoy
      their holidays in spite of it, too.

      To all of you who correspond with the group via e-mail and have no idea
      what I'm talking about, there were big changes overnight that primarily
      affect those of us who still prefer "Web access" to the site and its
      messages.

      Yeah, IMO, the "Powers That Be" clearly laid an egg this weekend. Very
      fitting, I suppose.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2005
        Hello Gerry

        On 03/26/05, you wrote:

        > Just hoping that no one got lost on the way to the group this
        > weekend. After the Easter Surprise by the Yahoo Archons (now there's
        > an infamous name . . . kinda like the Valentine's Day Massacre),
        > some of us are still looking around the site to see just what's
        > moved or missing.
        >
        > The good news is . . . we don't seem to have lost any more archived
        > posts this time. The bad news, however, is that it will be much
        > harder from now on to locate a specific post from among those that
        > remain.
        >
        > One little trick that will help when searching through messages is
        > to remember that NEXT now refers to older posts, and PREVIOUS will
        > refer to more recent ones. That's easy 'nough, right? Similarly,
        > LAST refers to the first in a series, and FIRST will hereafter refer
        > to the last one. Now surely that's not so difficult, people, not for
        > a group that is so accustomed to seeing conventional understanding
        > turned on its freakin' head.
        >
        > I have little doubt that the Gnostics of old would merely laugh at
        > Yahoo's latest contrivance, and I hope everyone here manages to
        > enjoy their holidays in spite of it, too.
        >
        > To all of you who correspond with the group via e-mail and have no
        > idea what I'm talking about, there were big changes overnight that
        > primarily affect those of us who still prefer "Web access" to the
        > site and its messages.
        >
        > Yeah, IMO, the "Powers That Be" clearly laid an egg this weekend.
        > Very fitting, I suppose.
        >
        > Gerry

        Thank heavens for email. For you websters, just remember the old
        biblical adage, "the first shall be the last and the last shall be
        the first," hehe. :-) Leave it to Yahoo to do things bas ackwards.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2005

          > Thank heavens for email. For you websters, just remember the old
          > biblical adage, "the first shall be the last and the last shall be
          > the first," hehe. :-) Leave it to Yahoo to do things bas ackwards.
          >
          > Regards
          > --
          > Mike Leavitt

          Ohhh, yes, Mike, I've been recalling some parables lately, along with
          reflecting on the Beatitudes and even a bit of Ecclesiastes . . .
          something along the lines of "a time to read messages, and a time to
          wonder where in the world your messages went!"

          I could swear I read that there was "some purpose" to it all, but I
          still think it must fall under the Demiurge's domain.

          Count your e-blessings, my non-webster friend. ;-)