Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Amateur Gnostic Texts (seeking and finding)

  • nakedalchemy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 24, 2005
      In a message dated 3/23/2005 12:52:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Hey Mychael

      >>>"The pursuit of gnosis is a grand thing to seek out, intiatory or
      not, but until one does find it on their own, it is just words."<<<

      AH, ok, I think that makes the point a bit more clear to me. I can
      certainly not disagree with that then. Indeed cognition of any form
      is, in the end, found only within. In the end it would not matter if
      we are talking about math, language, or spiritual Gnosis, the
      elements are external but the cognition always happens on a personal
      level.

      PMCV
      PMVC

      And this is precisely how we may relate to one another, with this understanding.
      Like math, i am nearly an imbecile about it, but when someone who has a greater understanding of it speaks to me in words I can relate to, then I won't be so in the dark about it all, and until I can digest it, then it will have significance for me, the same for anything else as you say,but is esp[ecially true for gnosis. I have tried to separate my own personal gnosis from the Gnostic concepts and their idea of gnosis, exoperience of a special kind, perhaps initiatory in the sense the path is shown, but the person who must walk it can only experience it like no other has, as an individual being.
      Scholarly understanding is great to read and illuminating in its own ways, but what comes from the heart is more so.

      mychael