Re: Gnostic Cosmology (and twisted hermeneutics)

    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 17 7:24 PM
      Crispin...

      "hi PMCV... excellent post. lot of things in here i hadn't
      considered. who, or what, do you recommend as the most
      authoritative sources for study?"

      To be honest, I think that the best intro a person can get is to
      read a couple of sources with opposing views on the matter.... and
      then add to this the deconstruction by Williams called "Rethinking
      Gnosticism". Right after that I would suggest going back to the
      texts themselves. I think many people are suprised when they look at
      the texts again without the assumptions of early writings on the
      subject. The texts kind of open up and speak for themselves a bit
      more once a person can see them from a more critical perspective.

      Then, I generally suggest extended conversation dealing with the
      subject so as be able to test our ideas ;)