Re: Nocturnal Omission

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2005
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "eyeambetty" <eyeambetty@y...>
      wrote:

      > [...]
      >
      > Oh, it's the story of Jesus!
      > ya know, the author of "The Gospel of Philip" said " Truth did not
      > come into the world naked, but it came in types and images. The
      > world will not receive truth in any other way."
      > this is an image i won't soon forget!!!
      > very cheeky...
      >
      > betty

      Oh my, I hope my twisted humor hasn't tainted EVERYone's take on the
      nativity, but if the image helps to remind anyone else of that
      passage from the Gospel of Philip, then so much the better.

      Honestly, Betty, I don't think that that concept of "types and
      images" can be reiterated enough around here. :-)