Re: Gnostics and Templars

    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 2, 2005
      George...

      >>>"I don't see where he says the historical facts in the book are
      true.

      He does say the descriptions of artwork and architecture are
      accurate. Which are not?"<<<

      You are correct... I stated that backwards. He says the art and
      architecture "facts" are true. So, which ones are not? Here are just
      a few off the top of my head .....

      In the The Virgin of the Rocks he states that the infant John is
      Jesus and Jesus is John, the order of which he makes a big deal
      about when in fact he has them backwards.

      The Louvre pyramid does not have 666 panes of glass

      The "mysterious" knife in the last supper is not floating without a
      body, it is in Peter's hand bent back and resting on his hip in a
      gesture that reminds me very much of the way my mother holds a
      spatula when cooking pancakes or something like that.

      There are more. Actually, it is harder to find art or archetectual
      examples in the book that ARE accurate. He wrongly states sizes of
      paintings, their contents, the people who had them commissioned,
      geographical locations of buildings, attributes of buildings, etc.,
      etc..

      PMCV
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9, 2005
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael