Re: Gnostics and Templars

  • George Harvey
    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 2, 2005

      > Hey George H.

      > say and what the narrator says in creating a fictional reality in a
      > work of fiction is not necessarily the author's opinion about
      > history or anything else.
      >
      > I think Brown created his own history based loosely on the holy
      blood
      > theory and added some names and dates from ancient history. I don't
      > think he had any idea the book would be read as anything other than
      > fiction or he might have been a little more careful with the ancient
      > history part."<<<
      >
      > True, but just to give backing to Gerry's observation that Dan
      Brown
      > seems to also take it very literally himself I would point out that
      > at the beginning of the book he does state that while the novel
      > itself is fiction all of his "historical facts" are indeed true and
      > accurate.... which they are not. I would also point out that most
      of
      > his observations on the art and archetecture that he has elswhere
      > claimed to be true is also not.... but I only point these out
      > because I really don't get the impression that Dan Brown intended
      > his book as only entertainment. I think he really believes much of
      > this himself.
      >
      > PMCV

      Hi PMCV,
      You must have a different edition of the book than I do. In my book
      he says there is a real Priory of Sion. There is. He says it was
      founded in 1099. That is open to debate but it was not regestered as
      a legal organization in France until...I can't remember the exact
      date, think it was in the 1950's. Most researchers think that is when
      it was formed. He says the Dossiers Secrets were discovered in 1975.
      That is ture but most researchers think they are modern forgeries
      planted there. And he says there is a real Opus Dei. There is.

      I don't see where he says the historical facts in the book are true.

      He does say the descriptions of artwork and architecture are
      accurate. Which are not?

      George
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9, 2005
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael