Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Gnostics and Templars

  • carter stevens
    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2005
      Sophia who represents wisdom is one of the primary characters in the Origin of Creation in Gnostic literature.
      What I find intersting though is that the wherever the word wisdom is found in the Catholic Bible, the pronoun she is still used to add further description! This to me is odd since, after all Catholicism is definitely male based, and the translators would have obviously been bias towards using the male pronoun "he" over "she". To me this stands as evidence that the truth was never completely erased. There is also a theory out there in heresy land that the Holy Spirit or "spirit of truth" spoken about in scripture is actually the spiritual feminine aspect. Any comments? ... Carter.

      Mike Leavitt <ac998@...> wrote:
      Hello pmcvflag

      On 02/02/05, you wrote:

      > But Mychael.... since the Gnostics were dead by this time where
      > would the Templars have come across them in their travels? It is
      > true that the Greek Orthodox church maintained more respect for the
      > feminine in spirituality, and even the name Sophia, is this what you
      > mean? That is not specifically Gnostic though. There were some
      > interesting religious sects like the Nestorians as well. Well,
      > again... this is going into other topics. I'll make the other group
      > so there is a better place for discussion of these things.

      We really need a group called All Heresies Welcome to cover these
      things, though I guess the Eastern Orthodox Church would still be
      left out.  Maybe All Heresies and near Heresies Welcome.  :-)

      Mike Leavitt  ac998@...

    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9, 2005
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael