Re: Gnostics and Templars

    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1 7:04 PM
      Hello carter

      On 02/01/05, you wrote:

      > Interesting...
      > I have this to offer.. the book aforementioned;
      > Born in Blood which gives an account of the Templars and how they
      > hid from the church in Masonic "lodges" .A reference to the
      > extinction of the Templars By Pope Clement Vth in France, a weird
      > reference to an idol of a head called Baphomet, a perhaps accurate
      > theory why Friday the 13th is still considered unlucky, etc. I have
      > visited Masonic lodges in different states and indeed there exists
      > two branches of Masonry, one called the Scottish Rite and another
      > French branch which may have been the Priory, however it's been a
      > while since my last visit, but it would account for a french secret
      > society mentioned in other works. Le Dossiers definitely exists, and
      > the History channel actually gave a brief view of the document, as
      > well as interviewing surviving ancestors of the Merovingian
      > bloodline listed in the doc... starting with Dagobert the (3rd?).
      > The family tree in question actually starts with a fish though,
      > which is
      > definitely a case of Truth being stranger than fiction. What
      > intrigued me most though, was D. Browns' use of the name Sophia as a
      > main character in I believe... Angels and Demons, which to me is
      > deliberate. I don't know much about the Rosicrucians though, I am
      > definitely interested in finding out more about them. Suggested
      > Reading? I think I avoided reading about them several years ago due
      > to exposure to Aliester Crowleys' works, (and mentions thereof) of
      > which I think are more gibberish than truth.No offense if you are a
      > fan. I have yet though to find any really convincing documents about
      > the Priory. Also, off the subject though... There seems to be some
      > similarities between Gnosticism and Zoroastrianism. Specifically...
      > The Zend Avista and it's resemblence to Hermetic doc.s and Gnostic
      > docs. Any info on this subject is also appreciated! Thanks again!

      Arthur Edward Waite, The Rosicrucians and The Real History of the
      Rosicrucians. Both are dull and drab, but fairly accurate
      historically. Most other books on it are fairy tales. Manley Hall's
      book (I forget the title) on the RC in America is pretty good also,
      as is the Rosicrucian Renisance (I forget the author's name). She
      also wrote a book on Giordano Bruno, if that helps.

    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9 2:29 PM
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael