Re: Gnostics and Templars

    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2005
      Mychael...

      >>>"There are many vagueries and mysteries associated with the
      Knight's Templar, this we know, while it may be prudent to say it is
      mostly conjecture and myth-making..yet, with what is available there
      is a possible connection...they felt they were the conduit between
      God and man..it seems some of their systems followed many
      philosophic tracts, and the basic being Plotinus"<<<

      Well, of course Plotinus was a heavy influence on much of the
      Christian world of the time (in spite of the fact he had some words
      against Christianity), and he is one of the sources for the
      formation of the notion of the Trinity. Can you point out more
      specifically what you mean here?

      >>>"Also ,from this Article © John Barnwell Author of "The Arcana of
      the Grail Angel: The Spiritual Science of the Holy Blood and of the
      Holy Grail" found online is this paragrah...
      When you follow the teachings of the Templars, there at the heart of
      it is a kind of reverence for something of a feminine nature. This
      femininity was known as the Divine Sophia, the Heavenly Wisdom."<<<

      This is actually only a partial truth that John gives us here. We
      need to remember Barnard again to put this into context. Barnard was
      influenced by the Troubadours he hated. He wanted to take that
      feminin spirit and remove it from the womanhood he hated as well.

      This passage goes on to talk about Dante, and the Grail myths, but
      we are going a bit off topic here. I tell you what, I used to run a
      group about this since even above Gnosticism this is my specialty. I
      was thinking of starting the group up again (since Yahoo lost it) so
      give me a couple of days and I will post a link in here for the new
      group. Let me just say in here that none of this stuff is really so
      vague as popular texts on the subject make it. Let me give you also
      a web-page that I wrote that deals partly with the subject of Dante
      and the Grail myths....

      http://www.geocities.com/pmcvflag/

      >>>"Specific references to Gnosticism are hard to come by, except
      that, like I previously stated, on their Crusades and their
      protecting those on pilgrimages, they were bound to pick up on some
      of the Gnostic notions...indeed, their forced denial of the Cross of
      Christ, that is the Crucifixion was done in order to disband them,
      to take away their large power, by the Church that so needed them in
      time of conflict.."<<<

      But Mychael.... since the Gnostics were dead by this time where
      would the Templars have come across them in their travels? It is
      true that the Greek Orthodox church maintained more respect for the
      feminine in spirituality, and even the name Sophia, is this what you
      mean? That is not specifically Gnostic though. There were some
      interesting religious sects like the Nestorians as well. Well,
      again... this is going into other topics. I'll make the other group
      so there is a better place for discussion of these things.

      PMCV
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9, 2005
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael