Re: Gnostics and Templars

    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2005
      Carter....

      Yes, the Les Dossiers Secrets d'Henri Lobineau does exist.... and it
      was written by Plantard the modern inventer of the so called "Priory
      of Sion". http://priory-of-sion.com/posd/posdebunking.html But this
      is not related to Gnosticism in any way.

      The name "Baphomet" is simply a medieval corruption of the name
      Mohammed. I know, the "atbash cipher" theory is used to connect it
      to Gnosticism, but we do have evidence to the contrary.

      Your comparison between Zoroastrian and Gnostic texts is more on
      topic here. You are welcome to tell us exactly what you see in this.
      I could point out that while Manichaeism is not technically a form
      of Gnosticism, it is closely related... AND, it grew partially out
      of Zoroastrianism.

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, carter stevens
      <cherrycreamon@y...> wrote:
      > Interesting...
      > I have this to offer.. the book
      aforementioned; Born in Blood which gives an account of the Templars
      and how they hid from the church in Masonic "lodges" .A reference to
      the extinction of the Templars By Pope Clement Vth in France, a
      weird reference to an idol of a head called Baphomet, a perhaps
      accurate theory why Friday the 13th is still considered unlucky,
      etc. I have visited Masonic lodges in different states and indeed
      there exists two branches of Masonry, one called the Scottish Rite
      and another French branch which may have been the Priory, however
      it's been a while since my last visit, but it would account for a
      french secret society mentioned in other works. Le Dossiers
      definitely exists, and the History channel actually gave a brief
      view of the document, as well as interviewing surviving ancestors of
      the Merovingian bloodline listed in the doc... starting with
      Dagobert the (3rd?). The family tree in question actually starts
      with a fish though, which is
      > definitely a case of Truth being stranger than fiction. What
      intrigued me most though, was D. Browns' use of the name Sophia as a
      main character in I believe... Angels and Demons, which to me is
      deliberate. I don't know much about the Rosicrucians though, I am
      definitely interested in finding out more about them. Suggested
      Reading? I think I avoided reading about them several years ago due
      to exposure to Aliester Crowleys' works, (and mentions thereof) of
      which I think are more gibberish than truth.No offense if you are a
      fan. I have yet though to find any really convincing documents about
      the Priory. Also, off the subject though... There seems to be some
      similarities between Gnosticism and Zoroastrianism. Specifically...
      The Zend Avista and it's resemblence to Hermetic doc.s and Gnostic
      docs. Any info on this subject is also appreciated! Thanks again!

    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9, 2005
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael