Re: Gnostics and Templars

    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hey George H.

      >>>"First I want to point out that what an author has a character
      say and what the narrator says in creating a fictional reality in a
      work of fiction is not necessarily the author's opinion about
      history or anything else.

      I think Brown created his own history based loosely on the holy blood
      theory and added some names and dates from ancient history. I don't
      think he had any idea the book would be read as anything other than
      fiction or he might have been a little more careful with the ancient
      history part."<<<

      True, but just to give backing to Gerry's observation that Dan Brown
      seems to also take it very literally himself I would point out that
      at the beginning of the book he does state that while the novel
      itself is fiction all of his "historical facts" are indeed true and
      accurate.... which they are not. I would also point out that most of
      his observations on the art and archetecture that he has elswhere
      claimed to be true is also not.... but I only point these out
      because I really don't get the impression that Dan Brown intended
      his book as only entertainment. I think he really believes much of
      this himself.

      PMCV
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9, 2005
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael