Re: Gnostics and Templars

  • George Harvey
    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2005
      <snip>
      > what Dan Brown talks about in the Da Vinci codes is really not very
      > related to historical Gnosticism. Some of the things he says about
      > the Nag Hammadi texts and what they contain are actually completely
      > untrue. He is wrong that Gnostics believed that Jesus and Mary had
      > children, they didn't. There is also nothing in the Nag Hammadi
      > about Jesus being married, or even anything about sexual rituals
      > like the ones he outlines.

      First I want to point out that what an author has a character say and
      what the narrator says in creating a fictional reality in a work of
      fiction is not necessarily the author's opinion about history or
      anything else.

      I think Brown created his own history based loosely on the holy blood
      theory and added some names and dates from ancient history. I don't
      think he had any idea the book would be read as anything other than
      fiction or he might have been a little more careful with the ancient
      history part.

      George
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 9, 2005
        In a message dated 2/9/2005 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        Speaking of forgetting things.... what I hate the most is when I am
        at the store, or somewhere, and I forget where I live and......
        wait..... Do I know you, Gary?

        PMCV
        i have driven by my house, when i had one, a few times...
        what is worse when you feel in an alternative universe and everything looks only vaguely familiar..this happens to me alot...almost like an out of body experience only you are wide awake.

        mychael