Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Morals and Dogma (and we ain't talkin' Pike)

  • nakedalchemy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 22, 2005
      In a message dated 1/22/2005 6:35:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
      There does seem to be some recognition amongst the various
      groups that they were connected through the common agreement as to
      the form and function of their cosmologies and soteriologies. Even
      though there was a schizm in the Valentinian sect, I don't see a
      whole lot of bitterness like we see with, say, the Catholics and the
      Lutherans.

      PMCV
      exactly...so, within their cosmologies and soteriologies there is the common thread between them...they left us their legacies of alternative thought.
      What I think is really weird, as I might have noted before, before I even knew of the texts or the Gnostics, despite encountering someone with so many gnostic notions, I had this strong elemental understanding and formulated similar cosmologies, but the kicker is that I have always said..the only person who can save your soul, is yourself, and looking within yourself.
      My alchemical spirituality confirmed my feelings and then became acquainted with Gnosticism.Epiphanies surrounded me in snippets and now things are making clearer sense.

      mychael
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 22, 2005
        In a message dated 1/22/2005 11:05:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, bigtrumpetg3_04@... writes:
        I totally agree with you! I have always been the
        person who asked questions (especially when I was
        younger), just to be avoided and ignored by peers who
        did not believe I should ask such questions. Many
        humans, as spiritual beings, have God enlighten them
        often in their own lives and ways. I would find it
        interesting to see even a portion of those experiences
        in writing somewhere, if they could be recorded
        without complete ridicule. Thanks for the welcome, by
        the way!!!

        Mike
        if all of us wrote down our portions, they will likely be very similar in scope, and only differentiated by our personal egos.

        mychael