Re: What DON"T you like?

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 15, 2005
      Hey, Hermetic_Star, you state....

      >>"That really depends on your definition of Gnosticism, doesn't
      it?"<<<

      Well, of course this group only defines "Gnosticism" as those
      historical groups... so I guess the other esoteric groups like the
      Templar/Masonic ones you mention wouldn't fit the bill. The rest of
      your post clarifies my confusion since I wasn't sure in your initial
      answer if you were outlining attributes that you particularly liked
      (and would thus dislike the inverse). So there is nothing in
      historical Gnosticism that you find confusing, worthless, redundent
      or in any other ways wonder at thier odd proclivities?

      We did have a number of people here who were simply interested in
      Gnosticism as a sort of philosophical digression.... I had kind of
      hoped some of them would chime in as to the specifics. I thought
      maybe we would see some modern day Celsus or Plotinus who looked at
      Gnosticism in a sort of friendly but bemused way use the oportunity
      to give an alternative view of the late antiquities syncratic
      impatus.

      PMCV
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 22, 2005
        In a message dated 1/22/2005 11:05:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, bigtrumpetg3_04@... writes:
        I totally agree with you! I have always been the
        person who asked questions (especially when I was
        younger), just to be avoided and ignored by peers who
        did not believe I should ask such questions. Many
        humans, as spiritual beings, have God enlighten them
        often in their own lives and ways. I would find it
        interesting to see even a portion of those experiences
        in writing somewhere, if they could be recorded
        without complete ridicule. Thanks for the welcome, by
        the way!!!

        Mike
        if all of us wrote down our portions, they will likely be very similar in scope, and only differentiated by our personal egos.

        mychael