Re: What DON"T you like?

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 15, 2005
      Hello, Hermetic Star

      Well then, how about this? You find yourself to be fairly
      antinomian, so do you disagree with the rather ascetic tendencies
      that seem to be present in most Gnostic texts?

      Also, how about the fact that it is becoming so popular today for
      people to call themselves "Gnostic"? Since you seemed to enjoy a
      notion that it was an uncommon interest, does the fact that books on
      the subject are best sellers and there are actually people today who
      call themselves "Gnostics" make it less itneresting for you? I mean,
      since technically there are no living "Gnostics" does the move to
      reawaken it and even inject it into pop media bother you?

      Thoughts?

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, hermetic_star <no_reply@y...>

    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 22, 2005
        In a message dated 1/22/2005 11:05:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, bigtrumpetg3_04@... writes:
        I totally agree with you! I have always been the
        person who asked questions (especially when I was
        younger), just to be avoided and ignored by peers who
        did not believe I should ask such questions. Many
        humans, as spiritual beings, have God enlighten them
        often in their own lives and ways. I would find it
        interesting to see even a portion of those experiences
        in writing somewhere, if they could be recorded
        without complete ridicule. Thanks for the welcome, by
        the way!!!

        Mike
        if all of us wrote down our portions, they will likely be very similar in scope, and only differentiated by our personal egos.

        mychael