Re: What DON"T you like?

  • hermetic_star
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 15, 2005
      Hey Troub. I don't think there is anything I don't like about
      Gnosticism. In fact, the more the mainstream screams about it, the
      more I like it.

      I have an antinomian streak that runs pretty deep. Part of it is that
      I like shock value, but on the other hand, I think it is that sense of
      shock that takes you out of the ordinary and allows you to experience
      gnosis (IMHO). Breaking taboo seems to be a great way to do this.
      Other systems have other ways. Buddhism has koans for example, and
      some buddhist sects (Rinzai, I think?) advocate screaming at the
      initiate, or even striking them. *Grin*

      Anyway, nice to hear from you again.
    • nakedalchemy@aol.com
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 22, 2005
        In a message dated 1/22/2005 11:05:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, bigtrumpetg3_04@... writes:
        I totally agree with you! I have always been the
        person who asked questions (especially when I was
        younger), just to be avoided and ignored by peers who
        did not believe I should ask such questions. Many
        humans, as spiritual beings, have God enlighten them
        often in their own lives and ways. I would find it
        interesting to see even a portion of those experiences
        in writing somewhere, if they could be recorded
        without complete ridicule. Thanks for the welcome, by
        the way!!!

        Mike
        if all of us wrote down our portions, they will likely be very similar in scope, and only differentiated by our personal egos.

        mychael