Re: Digest Number 749

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24 11:36 PM
      Hey Annie

      Can I ask one thing before I ask a question? When you use special
      texts like this it uses up the memory we have been given for the
      club.... which means older messages will start to be erased. Regular
      texts use about a 10th of the memory.

      Ok, now to my observation. You state that even error comes from the
      Father.... but may I point out that in fact this passage very
      directly states that even though the error comes because of the
      Father, it states also directly that it does not come FROM the
      Father. What do you make of that?

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "annie" <annielu38@z...> wrote:
      > Hi Jennifer--
      > All things come from God, being the One Source. So that would
      include error, especially when you consider error is in mankind,
      just by virtue of free will combined with a lack of wisdom. That
      is, at first--but we have hope to become free of error with
      knowledge of the Father--
      > For the name of the gospel is the manifestation of hope, since
      that is the discovery of those who seek him, because the All sought
      him from whom it had come forth. You see, the All had been inside of
      him, that illimitable, inconceivable one, who is better than every
      > and then
      > The forgetfulness of error was not revealed. It did not become
      light beside the Father. Forgetfulness did not exist with the
      Father, although it existed because of him. What exists in him is
      knowledge, which was revealed so that forgetfulness might be
      destroyed and that they might know the Father, Since forgetfulness
      existed because they did not know the Father, if they then come to
      know the Father, from that moment on forgetfulness will cease to
      > In this particular text, also, in the 3rd and 5th paragraphs it
      says, basically, that because of forgetfulness and lack of
      knowledge, those who come from the father seek to know him because
      he has the knowledge within him that they have 'forgotten'. He did
      this because he seeks that they know him and love him, and this was
      the way he provided for that situation.
      > At least that's what I get from it. The error exists outside of
      him, in those of his making, for the purpose of bringing them back
      to within where there is no error/forgetfulness.
      > Pretty wise plan, huh?
      > love~from~annie

      It is
      > about being called to philosophy or pursuing the path of the
      > king - or truth. I never thought I would find a place in
      > that I found fit my longing so well. When I read the part about
      > up and turning to hear the voice of the True Father calling.
      > You mentioned error. That is one part that has me a bit
      confused. At
      > the beginning it suggests error is both a part of God and not a
      part of
      > God. Can you give your thoughts on that?
      > Sincerely,
      > Jennifer
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      of Service.