Re: Broadening one's sense of community

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 12, 2004

      > All of them appeared a bit far away, even the L.A. one was billed as
      > Hollywood-East L.A. And I commented about the Palmdale one billed
      as
      > San Fernando Valley -- not. So I really don't need access to that
      > information.
      >
      > Regards
      > --
      > Mike Leavitt

      Ahh, I see. Of course, one of the new features they've implemented
      at that site is greater flexibility in designating specific meeting
      places for each group, which could be either inside or outside of the
      group's specific location . . . if that makes sense. "Out of town,"
      in other words. Another option is that members can choose to add
      cities, or, in very large cities where transportation may be
      difficult, set up different groups or differnt meeting dates and
      times to accommodate more individuals.

      That looks kinda like Hoeller's approach again. Build the group, and
      let the people find YOU. I still don't think it would work in THIS
      remote region, but maybe one day.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 12, 2004
        Hello Gerry

        On 11/12/04, you wrote:

        >> All of them appeared a bit far away, even the L.A. one was billed
        >> as Hollywood-East L.A. And I commented about the Palmdale one
        >> billed
        > as
        >> San Fernando Valley -- not. So I really don't need access to that
        >> information.
        >>
        >> Regards
        >> --
        >> Mike Leavitt
        >

        > Ahh, I see. Of course, one of the new features they've implemented
        > at that site is greater flexibility in designating specific meeting
        > places for each group, which could be either inside or outside of
        > the group's specific location . . . if that makes sense. "Out of
        > town," in other words. Another option is that members can choose to
        > add cities, or, in very large cities where transportation may be
        > difficult, set up different groups or differnt meeting dates and
        > times to accommodate more individuals.
        >
        > That looks kinda like Hoeller's approach again. Build the group, and
        > let the people find YOU. I still don't think it would work in THIS
        > remote region, but maybe one day.
        >
        > Gerry

        And it may not work in Palmdale, out in the middle of the desert
        bordering on San Bernardino County. It ain't very close to the San
        Fernando Valley, that's for sure.