Re: Broadening one's sense of community

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 12, 2004
      Hello pmcvflag

      On 11/12/04, you wrote:

      > My link still has not shown up, and I don't see yours either, Gerry.
      > Maybe tomorrow morning. We may have some glitches going on again. If
      > anyone here finds they posted but it did not show up, please don't
      > blame us.... it really does happen that things just disappear.
      >
      > PMCV

      Or get delayed, like Gerry's original message in this thread did here.
      Let's hope it is the latter.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 12, 2004

        > All of them appeared a bit far away, even the L.A. one was billed as
        > Hollywood-East L.A. And I commented about the Palmdale one billed
        as
        > San Fernando Valley -- not. So I really don't need access to that
        > information.
        >
        > Regards
        > --
        > Mike Leavitt

        Ahh, I see. Of course, one of the new features they've implemented
        at that site is greater flexibility in designating specific meeting
        places for each group, which could be either inside or outside of the
        group's specific location . . . if that makes sense. "Out of town,"
        in other words. Another option is that members can choose to add
        cities, or, in very large cities where transportation may be
        difficult, set up different groups or differnt meeting dates and
        times to accommodate more individuals.

        That looks kinda like Hoeller's approach again. Build the group, and
        let the people find YOU. I still don't think it would work in THIS
        remote region, but maybe one day.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 12, 2004
          Hello Gerry

          On 11/12/04, you wrote:

          >> All of them appeared a bit far away, even the L.A. one was billed
          >> as Hollywood-East L.A. And I commented about the Palmdale one
          >> billed
          > as
          >> San Fernando Valley -- not. So I really don't need access to that
          >> information.
          >>
          >> Regards
          >> --
          >> Mike Leavitt
          >

          > Ahh, I see. Of course, one of the new features they've implemented
          > at that site is greater flexibility in designating specific meeting
          > places for each group, which could be either inside or outside of
          > the group's specific location . . . if that makes sense. "Out of
          > town," in other words. Another option is that members can choose to
          > add cities, or, in very large cities where transportation may be
          > difficult, set up different groups or differnt meeting dates and
          > times to accommodate more individuals.
          >
          > That looks kinda like Hoeller's approach again. Build the group, and
          > let the people find YOU. I still don't think it would work in THIS
          > remote region, but maybe one day.
          >
          > Gerry

          And it may not work in Palmdale, out in the middle of the desert
          bordering on San Bernardino County. It ain't very close to the San
          Fernando Valley, that's for sure.