Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: FAQs

  • Annie
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 3, 1998
      Hi Cari--

      that was what I was imagining when I made my suggestion about literature--mainly links to where the texts could be found, kind of like a focused reading list as an answer to a question.

      That would save both work for you and also make it more likely 'seekers' will find places to help them with finding their own answers rather than finding the answers of/for others.  The actual process would help demonstrate the idea of gnosis, too, wouldn't it?

      love
      annie
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004
        > Hello lady_caritas
        >
        > On 11/01/04, you wrote:
        >

        > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...>
        wrote:

        > > sure,

        Thanks!!

        > >> How do the devil and the demiurge compare? Are they one and the
        > > same
        > >> being as the Cathars would have it, or are they different
        beings.
        > > If
        > >> so do both exist, or do either really in a literal sense?
        > >>
        > >> Regards
        > >> --
        > >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
        >
        > It is actually something I have though a lot about, with no answer,
        of
        > course.
        >
        > Regards
        > --
        > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

        That is a tough one, Mike. Historically, we see various treatments
        of the demiurge. We've had discussion on that, of course. Probably
        at most we could pose some of these questions and offer some
        alternative possibilities.

        That's why I like having this forum to sort through things. I see an
        FAQ page as primarily a beginning, an elementary basis for further
        discussion. I believe care should be taken to represent historical
        Gnostic thought, but not to slip into a realm of dogmatic answers.

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004