Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: FAQs

  • Annie
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 3, 1998
      Hi Cari--

      that was what I was imagining when I made my suggestion about literature--mainly links to where the texts could be found, kind of like a focused reading list as an answer to a question.

      That would save both work for you and also make it more likely 'seekers' will find places to help them with finding their own answers rather than finding the answers of/for others.  The actual process would help demonstrate the idea of gnosis, too, wouldn't it?

      love
      annie
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 2, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Annie" <annielu38@z...> wrote:
        > I think a basic reading list would be good, possibly listed in a
        more or less sequential order, from introductory texts progressing to
        more involved reading. Maybe some of the new alongside the ancient,
        relative to topic, in order to facilitate understanding of the older
        writings.

        I was thinking along those lines as well--maybe organizing the NH in
        a way that would help the beginner. I like the idea of having new
        writings with the old. Also, (this might be too huge an undertaking)
        I'd like to see some of the gnostic "sects" defined as far as what
        they believed (believe) and maybe what texts are associated with them.

        jana

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > Will you help a needy child?
        > · It only costs .60¢ a day · It's
        easier than you think.
        > · Click here to meet a waiting
        child you can sponsor now.

        Service.
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004
          > Hello lady_caritas
          >
          > On 11/01/04, you wrote:
          >

          > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Mike Leavitt <ac998@l...>
          wrote:

          > > sure,

          Thanks!!

          > >> How do the devil and the demiurge compare? Are they one and the
          > > same
          > >> being as the Cathars would have it, or are they different
          beings.
          > > If
          > >> so do both exist, or do either really in a literal sense?
          > >>
          > >> Regards
          > >> --
          > >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
          >
          > It is actually something I have though a lot about, with no answer,
          of
          > course.
          >
          > Regards
          > --
          > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

          That is a tough one, Mike. Historically, we see various treatments
          of the demiurge. We've had discussion on that, of course. Probably
          at most we could pose some of these questions and offer some
          alternative possibilities.

          That's why I like having this forum to sort through things. I see an
          FAQ page as primarily a beginning, an elementary basis for further
          discussion. I believe care should be taken to represent historical
          Gnostic thought, but not to slip into a realm of dogmatic answers.

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004