Re: New to the Group

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2004
      Crash away, Dapoetjen. Anyone who is genuinely interested in
      traditional Gnosticism is most welcome to the group. The only advice
      we give here is to stick to that particular topic.... outside that,
      have fun.

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "dapoetjen" <xiblis@c...> wrote:
      > I am just getting into my studies of the gnostic texts. I hope you
      all don't mind me
      > crashing the group... :)
      >
      > dapoetjen
    • slowturtle78
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
        Hi everyone,

        My name is Rachel. I found this group while doing preliminary research on a school paper
        concerning The Da Vinci Code. Gnosticism has been an interest for me since reading "The
        Gospel of Thomas" a year ago. I have only recently had the time to make it a real passion.

        I was baptized a Catholic, but never fully joined the church because I never felt a pull
        towards the doctrine. In many ways I felt "church" was not the answer, that the
        answer was within each person. My parents encouraged me from a young age to walk my
        own spiritual path, and I am not sure that hasn't caused me more confusion over the
        years!

        This group, I hope will offer support in my spiritual quest as well as the comfort of those
        feeling a pull toward similar beliefs. From the posts that I have read, you all seem to have
        many interesting and enlightening words to offer.

        Best wishes,
        Rachel
      • Wesley
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
          hey rachel , im new to the group as well and i found gnosiscism in a
          similer way, i was raised in the none demonanatoinal christain church
          and was taught since i was very young to believe that the bible was
          the unquestoinable word of god, pure perfect and unchanged since the
          time of jesus. i read davinci code and for the first time i wondered
          is blind faith in something right. logic told me i should search for
          proof and found out that the unflawed perfect book that i belived in
          was anything but, the illusoin had shatterd i was lost. i turned very
          bitter and declared myself aethiest, i was very angry at the people
          who i trusted to tecah me truth but had fed me nothing but lies i was
          very ignorent, after a time my bitterness subsided and emptyness set
          in i had filled myself with blind faith proped myself up on ideals
          that had vanished much faster then they had been put in place i
          started to realise that i needed god. the bible says search for truth
          and it will be revealed i searched threw taoism , bhudism, wicca and
          just about every other thing you can think of i found aspects of truth
          in them all i stared to realise that religion isnt black and white
          that you shouldnt think of it as one religion being right and the
          other wrong. a relgoin after all is nothing more than man trying to
          know god man seeking truth the very thing i was trying to do myself
          thats when i found gnosticism, gnosis as we all know meens knoledge i
          believe that god imparts that knoledge difrently on us all none of us
          walk to the same path none are right or wrong as long as we chose to
          search for the truth. anyways im startin to rant just thought id share
          a litle.

          may he grant you truth, let her wisdom be your guide

          Wesley

          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "slowturtle78" <slowturtle78@...>