Fw: [Gnosticism2] Re: Do non-Gnostics enter the Kingdom?

  • annie
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2004
      Mike

      This is from The (First) Apocalypse of James, and it's what came to my mind when I read your post.

      Now when James heard these things, he wiped away the tears in his eyes and very bitter [...] which is [...]. The Lord said to him, "James, behold, I shall reveal to you your redemption. When you are seized, and you undergo these sufferings, a multitude will arm themselves against you that <they> may seize you. And in particular three of them will seize you - they who sit (there) as toll collectors. Not only do they demand toll, but they also take away souls by theft. When you come into their power, one of them who is their guard will say to you, 'Who are you or where are you from?' You are to say to him, 'I am a son, and I am from the Father.' He will say to you, 'What sort of son are you, and to what father do you belong?' You are to say to him, 'I am from the Pre-existent Father, and a son in the Pre-existent One.' When he says to you, [...], you are to say to him [...] in the [...] that I might [...]."

      These toll collectors who steal souls are the same as the watchers, was my understanding.

      love from annie