Gnostic Vocabulary

    Message 1 of 61 , Aug 26 6:57 PM
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "annie" <annielu38@z...> wrote:
      > What is a demiurge?
      >
      > love from annie

      http://www.geocities.com/pmcvflag/lexicon.html

      For additional introductory material, please consult the folder
      listed at the top of our links section:

    • annie
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 24, 2004
        I tend to see it more as the latter.  If you take this as Christ being the Logos, and John the B being the demiurge (or rather their representations), then when the Logos descended, gnosis was then available to each individual, rather than through the prophets which the demiurge sanctioned.  The logos replaced all priests, and the spirit within us replaced the prophets.  We are now qualified to be our own prophet, in other words.  This is just my understanding from a combined variety of sources and insight.

        I also think he's getting onto James more for the reason that James is still searching superficially, instead of inwardly following the lead that Jesus gave.  James wants more explanations, kind of like he's being lazy and instead of thinking his way there, he wants a 'gimme'.

        love from annie