Ecclesia Gnostica Mysteriorum article

  • David Gallardo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2004
      I thought this article might be of interest to the group; I'd be
      interested to hear others' comments on it: /

      http://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly/morgue/2004/2004_08_25.church25ja.shtml
      /
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
        --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, David Gallardo <david@g...> wrote:
        > I thought this article might be of interest to the group; I'd be
        > interested to hear others' comments on it: /

        http://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly/morgue/2004/2004_08_25.church25ja
        .shtml
        > /

        Thanks for the article, David. Even I don't personally frequent a
        ritualistic Gnostic church, I could pretty much relate to Miller's
        ideas, until here:

        "I just love how that was written, that God was human," she
        continued, speaking of the New Testament. "There was no
        separation. ... There is divinity in flesh. For me that holds true of
        all sentient beings, not just humans."

        Divinity *in* flesh? Of course that would be antithetical to a
        historical Gnostic take. I suppose I don't know enough about
        Rosamonde Miller and her church. She seems to offer a peaceful,
        friendly, open venue for seekers.

        What are your thoughts, David? Also, maybe Mike or others more
        familiar with her might like to comment, especially as to how her
        service compares/contrasts to other renditions, such as found in the
        Ecclesia Gnostica (Hoeller) and others.

        Cari
      • Thomas Leavitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
          I've attended a few services (distance and other issues preclude any great
          frequency at this point). I found them different in form and feel from the
          more "traditional" services of the E.G. in Los Angeles, which I grew up
          attending, but very gnostic in substance. I don't have enough familiarity to
          comment on the whole of the metaphysical framework the E.G.M. operates
          under, however, so I can't offer much context for the quotes cited in the
          article.

          Thomas

          Message: 11
          Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:14:49 -0000
          From: lady_caritas
          Subject: Re: Ecclesia Gnostica Mysteriorum article

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
            In a strictly personal curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone still has a
            copy of last year's _Time_ article on Lost Christianities (or Lost
            Scriptures?) in which Miller was also mentioned. If I recall
            correctly, both described her as "garrulous," which is not a
            description you run across everyday. Just wondered if the same
            author was responsible for both articles.

            Gerry

            --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Leavitt" <thomas@t...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
              Hello Gerry

              On 09/01/04, you wrote:

              > In a strictly personal curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone still has
              > a copy of last year's _Time_ article on Lost Christianities (or Lost
              > Scriptures?) in which Miller was also mentioned. If I recall
              > correctly, both described her as "garrulous," which is not a
              > description you run across everyday. Just wondered if the same
              > author was responsible for both articles.
              >
              > Gerry

              She is Spanish Cuban, and very talkative, to me in a charming way, but
              then I really like Rosa. I was Deacon at her ordination to the
              priesthood. I have only been to mass once at Rosa's church, too
              little exposure for me to comment, though at the time I was unsure
              whether I had been to mass or a Golden Dawn magical ritual, or more
              likely both in combination. But as I said, I only saw her mass once.