Someone should get the Gnostic point of view in here...

  • Thomas Leavitt
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
      http://beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

      I took this quiz, and found many of the answers to the questions posed an
      imperfect fit at best. If you have more knowledge and time than me, and are
      motivated to encourage them to include a gnostic point of view in this quiz,
      I'd cheer you on.

      Thomas
    • Gavin Riggott
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
        > http://beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html
        >
        > I took this quiz, and found many of the answers to the questions posed an
        > imperfect fit at best. If you have more knowledge and time than me, and
        are
        > motivated to encourage them to include a gnostic point of view in this
        quiz,
        > I'd cheer you on.

        I tried that recently and got 100% "New Thought"! My atheist friend got
        high marks for liberal Christianity, Unitarian Universalists, etc. And my
        Taoist friend got 100% neo-Pagan. After that, I'm not sure that test is
        salvagable at all.

        Gavin Riggott
      • klausdieterdill
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2004
          --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Leavitt" <thomas@t...> wrote:
          > http://beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html
          >
          > I took this quiz, and found many of the answers to the questions
          posed an
          > imperfect fit at best. If you have more knowledge and time than me,
          and are
          > motivated to encourage them to include a gnostic point of view in
          this quiz,
          > I'd cheer you on.
          >
          > Thomas

          thomas,
          i took the test. what a hoot. i scored 100% with liberal quakers and
          10% roman catholic. i suggest you take the test again from a gnostic
          point of view and see what your results are (unless you did so the
          first time around) you might be suprised who you "validate" with in
          the nonheretical world. passing ain't so bad. ;^)
          best,
          dwain
        • elmoreb
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25, 2004
            I took the test a few weeks ago too.

            I also got 100% liberal quaker. Along with 90% Reform Judaism.

            When you think about the similarities in the responses that fit best
            ( with thier obviously limited choices), Quaker and Gnosticism are
            similar ( in regards to thier questions and best fit answers only).

            I would say though that on 9/10 of the questions there wasnt an
            available response for what I believed. Still an interesting test.