9676RE: [Gnosticism2] Re: Tangential musing

  • Mary VanEsselstyn
    Jul 7 4:14 PM
      >From: "elmoreb" <elmoreb@...>
      >To: gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Gnosticism2] Re: Tangential musing
      >Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:09:25 -0000

      A very interesting passage from the Apocrypha of John. Isn't it ashame that
      so much of the good stuff was left out of the Bible.Even Paul teaches there
      is a counterfit spiirit that works through deception. It is up to us to
      determine the truth from what is false but are often dstracted by so many
      things, most of them trivial. The powers of deception are at work in the
      world today that may be leading us into a new Dark Age of ignorance which I
      know doesn;t sound optimistc but history does repeat itself if we understand
      the history ofthe world.There is much evil in the world as well as
      unnecessary pain and suffering but most of us prefer to live in denial so we
      don't have to do anything. It is also difficult to determine since good
      often appears as evil and evil as good. Remember that Satan often appears as
      an angel of light. In order to deternine the difference we need to find
      discernment or wisdom through the spirit. It is impossiible to rid the
      world of evil since always create more evil in the process. Jesus explains
      in his parable of the wheat and the tares. When the disciples saiid they
      would pull up the tares Jesus taught them to leave it until harvest time.
      When the time was ripe God would separate the wheat from the tares.
      Otherwise theywould pull up the wheat along with the tares. There is no such
      thng as the good guys and the bad guys as we have been taught. We are all a
      combination of both. Paul taught in the book of Phlliipians that "We must
      work out our own salvation with fear and tremblng." What did Paul mean by
      this?
    • Show all 77 messages in this topic