9498Church Fire, was Re: In your heart or in the sky?

    May 8, 2004
      Hello lady_caritas

      On 05/08/04, you wrote:

      >> Hello All,
      >>
      >> Before you scan the gnosis.org site and freak out, yes there was a
      >> fire at out church in Hollywood, and as the pictures there so
      >> graphically show it is an old building now beyond repair. We have
      >> temporary quarters in the Hollywood Theosophical Society -- Besant
      >> Lodge, a grand old building we have used before (I was ordained
      >> there), and it would be wonderful for a permanent place except
      >> parking is absolutely horrible, and it takes forever to get there
      >> on the bus.
      >>
      >> I have some reason to believe we will find more suitable quarters
      >> in the near future. We will be back up for Sunday mass, which is
      >> important because we have not missed on in the last 30 years, maybe
      >> 40. All our church goods (ie. Chalices and Vestments) made it out
      > in
      >> one piece, and only one set of curtains got water on them, so we
      >> are blessed that way.
      >>

      >> Regards
      >> --
      >> Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
      >

      > Mike, I just checked out the link on "The Gnostic Society" page. Oh,
      > my!
      >
      > I presume no one was hurt(?), and it's good that you managed to
      > retrieve your church goods. I hope you find permanent, suitable
      > quarters in the near future.
      >
      > Cari

      Sorry about not changing the subject line last time, I'm still a bit
      shook, I don't know all the details, but someone must have been there
      when the fire started or we could never have saved virtually
      everything. God takes care of fools and young children. :-) Anyway,
      we may just have new permanent quarters lined up, but until things
      get settled we will be at Besant Lodge, a grand old building,
      originally a theater. If parking weren't such a problem, we could
      stay there forever, but parking is a problem, and the bus does not
      run frequently, though it lets you out right in front of the door!
      We will live with it until something more permanent is firmed up.