9287Re: Digest Number 563 (seminar lowlights)

    Mar 7, 2004
      Hello eyeambetty

      On 07-Mar-04, you wrote:

      > Hello Mike,
      >> Mike wrote:
      >> It should be made clear, this was no hidden agenda for Mead, he
      >> was Madam Blavadsky's secretary, and was merely viewing the
      >> gnostics unconsciously from a Theosophical world view.
      > M. Blavadky's secretary? wow, that is a fascinating bit of
      > information. Mike, may i ask, why you say "viewing the gnostics
      > *unconsciously*..."?

      I mean he was not trying to theosophize the Gnostics, just that he was
      so embedded in Theosophy he looked at all Philosophy with Theosophical
      specticles. It was unconscious, not some kind of not to well hidden
      agenda. His book on the world soul shows the same perspective, for
      instance. To him Theosophy was a universal philosophy, applicable to
      everything, and this pervaded his approach to Gnosticism, but did not
      blunt his insight into it.