8876Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Amazing Grace

  • Lenny Ausante
    Dec 20, 2003
      Interesting that me and a friend were just talking about this idea.  I was saying that I believed in a song like "Amazing Grace" because it is not marketed or packaged but yet everyone knows the tune.  The fact that no one know the author demonstrates that the work became larger than the writter.  Kind of like removal of the ego literally.  The object takes a life of it's own and moves away from the creator.  I am the first to admit that I get influenced and sold by marketing but maybe songs like "Amazing Grace" Stand on there own and have recognition for a reason.  They are actually good.

      Foucaults Pendulum

      woodlandmuse <woodlandmuse@...> wrote:
      You may also be interested in finding out about the life of the man
      who wrote "Amazing Grace"

      ~ Lily

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to: