8384Re: Matrix

    Oct 2, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin E. Houchin"
      <kevin.houchin@w...> wrote:
      > I just joined this group this morning, so someone may have already
      > posted this book and I just missed it...
      >
      > Anyway.
      >
      > There's a great book available in most bookstores titled "The
      Matrix
      > and Philosophy" (ISBN: 0-8126-9501-1). It goes into a good bit of
      > deapth discussing how The Matrix fits into the major philisophic
      > structures.
      >
      > -Kevin

      Yeah, it was mentioned back in April (post #7572).

      The book really covers a broad spectrum of contributors, including a
      feminist perspective comparing _The Matrix_ with another film,
      _eXistenZ_ (which I didn't care for).

      You may enjoy another more Gnostic-specific link about the film's
      philosophy which was shared during past discussions here:

      http://www.unomaha.edu/~wwwjrf/gnostic.htm