8307Re: [Gnosticism2] Hello I'm new here

  • Rodney Cecil
    Sep 15, 2003
      Hello Josh,

      I know this is way behind and a very late greeting but I
      would like to extend a welcome from another "newbie". I'm
      always playing catch-up with the list.
      Like you my primary interest would probably be more in
      Valentinus and his "school". When you first introduced
      yourself I thought of several sources to point you to, but
      it seems like everyone else has done a more than adequate
      job of this. However I would recommend Clement of
      Alexandria and his pupil Origen. They interacted constantly
      with the Valentinians and quoted from them at length.

      Rodney
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic