8299OT: Text formatting [Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Spanish mystics]

  • David Gallardo
    Sep 13, 2003
      I often have to cut & paste plain text without formatting from other
      applications into Word and vice versa. One somewhat tedious but
      fail-safe way is to first cut & paste into Notepad, then cut & paste
      from there into the final application. Except for very short
      passages, this extra step is still easier and less error-prone than
      re-typing the passage.

      Some applications, such as Word, have a "Paste special" option that
      will let you paste as unformatted text but even this can cause
      problems. I forget specifically why, but this doesn't work adequately
      for me in Word.

      Occasionally pasting quotes into email probably doesn't qualify, but
      if you find yourself doing this often, there are utilities that can
      help with this process. I just use the Notepad-as-a-filter approach.

      @D

      At 12:47 PM -0700 9/13/03, Mike Leavitt wrote:
      Hello Gerry
      >[...]
      > > There's a lot more I'd like to get to, but I really need to head off
      >> to work. Sorry about the wide line breaks that will undoubtedly show
      >> up, but after Yahoo revised our HTML formatting, I haven't figured
      > > out how best to transfer something from MS Word into an e-mail.
      >[...]
      >You might just try writing in MS Express itself, it couldn't look any
      >worse. Use the text only option, and you will have a better idea of
      >what things look like at the other end. My emailer reformated your
      >text, as usual, a mixed blessing.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic