8177Re: jesus incarnation?

  • sarutobi496
    Aug 25, 2003
      yes we have lol....alright quick change of subject! without any of
      the expert gnostics in here describing to me, let me see if i
      understand the important concept of Gnosis. From what i've
      understood it means realizing the "spirit" inside of us, the divine
      light manifest from the Heavenly Creator that was given to us
      despite the Demiurge creating the material cosmos......it is not
      going by what the church fathers created putting faith above
      reason...

      What i'm not too sure of though is that of the Gnostic texts in
      general, were the authors actually inspired by God? and are the
      texts from jesus' saints? i hope they didnt just make it all up and
      say it was from personal gnosis, i've heard both sides to this story
      in some gnostic books......Gnosticism is a divinely revealed
      religion right? i do have the Nag Hammadi library with me so any
      texts i should read most importantly?

      > Sarutobi, now we have completely gone off the deep end. Are you
      > interested in Gnosticism?

      > of course i know about Asherah and the ancient Canaanite culture,
      > was even a devoted priest at one time ;) (if u wanna call it
      > that)......But thats Canaanite culture, a paganized version of
      > Abrahamic Faith, that only leads me to believe Yahweh worship was
      > truelly ancient, even on different levels, As i studied the
      cultures
      > more, i found many other interesting things. Moses didnt know much
      > of Canaanite culture and religion, or Yahweh for that matter, plus
      > how could he have received such different messages from Yahweh in
      > Egypt so far away from any priests in Canaan? He wasnt even able
      > be a prophet for he was weak and could do nothing, but Yahweh
      > changed all that! God encouraged him and raised him to be the
      > greatest prophet whoever lived according to Judaism, before the
      > encounter with God he wasnt much of anything, just a good-hearted
      > older man, but God knew better. Could it not be just a re-
      > affirmation of the old Hebrew faith? Canaanite pre-hebrew
      traditions
      > are true, but its questionable as to how it came about as well, it
      > has much more parrallels to Sumerian/Babylonian culture than it
      does
      > to Judaism. There is evidence of the Abrahamic faith apart from
      > Canaanite Paganism, and that they were two totally diff.
      > religions......
      >
      > I'm not trying to prove anything, every writing script
      > supposedly "ancient" in this modern age is most probable to be a
      > perverted aspect of original writings, we all know that, or should
      > know, but the Jewish Tradition has a saying in response to
      this: "it
      > doesnt matter if our path is exactly as it once was or not, or
      what
      > others say is true or not, the main teachings are still there and
      > always will be, it only matters that we believe its true and
      follow
      > our path to God."
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic