8159Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: jesus incarnation?

  • Penndragon
    Aug 23, 2003
      MM Sarutobi496

      Gnosticism itself doesn't degrade the Jewish God. However many Gnostics have
      come to see him as the Demiurgus which in my eyes is a misinterpretation of
      the message. They've taken a passage which is about he blind following of
      the law as it were and interpreted it as an evil god. The Gnostic texts have
      YHWH protrayed not as an Evil Creator, rather as one who mistakenly thought
      he was the creator and got reprimanded (called blind) for pronouncing
      himself as such.

      MP
      Penn

      --
      The Universe is in each person in such a way that each person is in it; and
      so every person in the Universe is the Universe.

      Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa