8117Re: Simon Magus

    Jul 21, 2003
      > Hello Steve
      >
      > On 20-Jul-03, you wrote:
      >
      > > Hello, all. I am currently researching what can reliably be known
      > > about the gnostic teaching attributed to Simon the Magician and
      his
      > > disciple Menander. I was wondering if anyone here has made a
      > > particular study of these two figures? Any info would be
      > > appreciated. Yours, Steve
      >
      > G.R.S. Mead wrote a small book on Simon, and I think it was
      reprinted
      > in paperback, pamphlet form, sometime in the late '70's or '80's.
      >
      > Regards
      > --
      > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...
      >

      > I forgot to mention, it might be online at http://www.gnosis.org --
      > but I'm not sure. It is probably worth a look, and there may be
      > material on Menander as well.

      Hi, Steve and Mike,

      There are many bookstores, but to pick a couple, a search for "Simon
      Magus" at Amazon and then Barnes and Noble yielded several titles in
      these links (you might have to copy and paste onto your browser if
      the links are too long for the post):

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-
      form/ref=s_sf_b_as/103-3333774-2066228

      http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?
      WRD=Simon+Magus&userid=2U6313JH7I&cds2Pid=946

      Hope this helps.