7950Re: Terrorism and the sad truth about 9.11

    Jul 3, 2003
      >>>I consider myself Gnostic, and I am aware of the distinction
      between the "true God" who is more human than the one, which created
      the body and the psyche alone or with the help of the archons.<<<<

      Hello again Martin. I thought I would point out that generally in
      traditional "Gnosticism" it is exactly the opposite. Traditionally
      the "True God" is completely inhuman, seperate, infinite. Any god
      with anthropomorphic (human) qualities is considered either inferior,
      or downright false. Many times we have posted examples of apophatic
      theology from Gnostic texts in here, so I wont bother doing it again,
      but merely point out how works like the Tripartite Tractate deny any
      human quality, or even definable quality, in the "True God".

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "martin12617" <martin12617@y...>
      wrote:
      > I have a response to 9.11 or a comment to make.
      > I consider myself Gnostic, and I am aware of the distinction
      between
      > the "true God" who is more human than the one, which created the
      body
      > and the psyche alone or with the help of the archons.
      > We know from the bible that Yehovah mostly resembles the demiurge;
      he
      > has not been too kind to humanity for instance when he flooded
      > humanity like rats, allegedly for their transgressions, insanity,
      > sodomy all the hebrew baldadash.
      >
      > However, Yehovah is still with us. Eventhough I don;t pray to
      > Yehovah, for that would be a quite inhuman undertaking, I came to
      > understand that one of his principles is indeed Justice as the
      bible
      > emphasizes. Some people fed up with their lives and desperate,
      > miserable, tell me, there is no justice in this world. And I say
      > wrong, justice is already in the world here and now.
      > Justice is rooted on a balance concept too.
      >
      > Inbalance brings about an impulse to restore the balance. I think
      > Yehovah can't help it, this is the law of the universe.
      > This is his nature. People act in this game, scenery as tools, or
      > messangers. Therefore Osama Bin Laden or for this matter, Adolf
      > Hitler and others are not personally blameable in that sense that
      > they are the personification of the worst evil etc. They are taking
      > it literally, for they are a persona so they personify the evil.
      But
      > this view is limited. People are tools and messangers.
      >
      > America so they say has inflicted injustice upon the third world,
      be
      > it in matters financial or political. On the Arabs too. Not being
      > into politics that much, I actually do not need the precise data.
      > Justice exists, and reminds us that there was an unbalance of
      > justice, unbalance of power. America has done something to
      unbalance
      > the scales of justice (cause), for which the restoration assuredly
      > came (effect). Sadly, it was an Arab, Osama. He is innocent, it is
      > the law of this universe, which acted through him. I don't know if
      > this makes sense, but this is my perception, I hope it can clarify
      > few things .Martin
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic