7909Elucidation

    Jun 16, 2003
      Thank you, Christopher. But surely you can understand why some
      members reacted to what they considered an offensive post that
      originally had no accompanying clarification?

      If your message was provided as an example or even a parody, we would
      have appreciated an explanation to that effect and how it related to
      Gnosticism. Please consider that we members can't always read
      minds. :-)

      Thanks.

      Cari

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, ellwood_christopher
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > But I am Gnostic. The article was a parable about the hylic
      reading
      > of scripture.
      >
      > Christopher Ellwood
      >

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > cwbyspike (and other members),
      > >
      > > I have deleted the inflammatory spamming post to which you
      > replied.
      > > It is not a requirement that members be Gnostic, but we also will
      > not
      > > tolerate proselytizing of this nature.
      > >

      > > Cari
      > >

      > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, walkinginclogs@a... wrote:
      > > > You're telling people untruths. You are the whore of Babylon,
      > not
      > > the
      > > > Catholic church. You're telling him something that was pre-
      > Martin
      > > Luther. The
      > > > Catholic Church does not say that it can forgive sin. We do
      that
      > > by praying to
      > > > God just like any other church. I know, I am a devout
      Catholic.
      > > Also that guy
      > > > hasn't sinned in the first place.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic