7840Re: Middle region (was: Illusion and pantheism in Gnosticism)

  • Wayne
    Jun 5, 2003
      The Middle region, when you separate the light from the darkness
      you enter into the Twilight Zone, the World of the Imagination,
      Freedom of Mind, Divine Will.

      To Truly be Good you must be Free from the knowledge, from having
      known, experienced wrong doing, you must be innocent.

      Innocence exists only when there is no Evil, a long as Evil exist
      Good is Evil and Evil is good, there is no innocence.

      In between the Light and the Darkness, Parallel Universes, the Two
      Worlds of Reality, One the World of Reality as seen in the light of
      day, the Reality of the Moment, the Here and Now, Reality that exists
      independent of our thoughts concerning it and the World of the
      Imagination, the middle World, the World of Illusion, Sin; Reality as
      seen in the Second light of the Sun, Moon Light, where thinly veiled
      shadowy figures lurk in the Darkest corners of the Mind.

      By the light of the Silvery Moon, Light that is separated out of the
      Darkness, Twice light.

      Illusion Trice Light, Reality hauled up out of the darkest depths of
      the abyss, the imagination.

      A Lie is the Truth, an Illusion is a Reality, Evil is Good, Good is
      Evil, Good and Evil is Evil.

      Yahoogroups.com, lady_caritas <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pessy@c... wrote:
      > > lady_caritas writes:
      > >
      > > > contained in this line, "Within the present world, (reputedly)
      > there
      > > > is good and there is evil, (but) the world's goods are not
      > (really)
      > > > good, and its evils not (really) evil." IOW, "reputedly"
      > > > or "allegedly" or "so they say" makes me wonder. Would this
      be
      > > > Valentinian recounting a more literal, traditional notion of
      the
      > > > opposites, "good" and "evil," in comparison to a conception of
      > the
      > > > world not being (really) black and white? Or OTOH might this
      be
      > > > heresiologist relating a view secondhand or rather a novice
      > entering
      > > > an initiation process or even a Valentinian not entirely
      > convinced or
      > > > in agreement about the concepts of good and evil? Regardless,
      > > > think we can at least glean some Valentinian ideas from this
      > passage,
      > > > as it speaks to hylic, psychic, and pneumatic natures, and it
      > > > certainly reiterates a common theme of resurrection now in
      this
      > > > lifetime, not waiting for some later time.
      > >

      > > no, it just merans that the world is evil, and good is out of the
      > world,
      > > whereas Zoroastrians see good and bad residing in the world.
      > >

      > > Klaus Schilling
      >

      > Klaus, I suppose that is also a very likely interpretation. (My
      last
      > sentence of that paragraph was referring not only to the line just
      > previously discussed about "good" and "evil," but to other comments
      > in the GPh passage as a whole.) However, I guess my point was,
      > perhaps we could only assume the line related to Zoroastrian
      thought
      > when no direct mention is made of them and we don't even know the
      > original source or context of this whole passage. And, where does
      > the passage say that this world is only "evil," as you interpret?
      Or