7659Re: [Gnosticism2] Advancing the discussion of "from where" :-D

  • James Lambert
    Apr 30, 2003
      From: "George" <historynow2002@...>
      To: <gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 2:12 AM
      Subject: [Gnosticism2] Advancing the discussion of "from where" :-D

      > Dear PMCV,

      > As to what you believe.... you write:
      > "I think it most likely that Pythagoras was, by and large, a
      > > mythological figure. His order was largely destroyed by the
      > Athenian pogrom, and then revived shortly thereafter."
      >
      > Okay.... I'll go with that. But I guess, you ALSO believe
      > that there was a man behind this "myth"... for you write:
      >
      > " Where did Pythagoras' ideas come from? Well, in order to
      > know that we would have to have a good idea of what the real
      > Pythagoras even believed."
      >
      > I see your point here.
      >
      > So now, in order to continue to advance the discussion,
      > I have to ask you this:
      >
      > **Where*** do you think the Pythagoras School got its ideas
      > for a "secret" fraternity?
      >
      > I don't want to get stuck on the tar baby of a literal
      > Pythagoras.... when my discussion only needs to focus on
      > the existence of the school of ideas that we call Pythagoras.

      Yes, let us focus solely on the veil of lies constructed to obscure the
      truth which Pythagoras originally revealed. This is precisely what the
      creators of the deception originally intended.

      Consider. Pythagoras uncovered the key to a fundamental system of knowledge.
      This knowledge was explicitly open to verification. So, it was not a
      question
      of belief or faith, but of knowledge gained through experience. Numbers have
      form, forms have function. Such rules do not vary and these rules cannot be
      broken. Such a teaching had immense power which threatened those in power.
      So the movement was crushed. Still traces remained. The importance of
      numbers, geometry and of course beans. These unanswered echoes might inspire
      future seekers to ask the proper questions, allow them to stumble across the
      same truth as Pythagoras. And so an alternative system was crafted and hung
      upon the bare traces of the original teachings.

      What are its sources? It source is the truth as revealed by Pythagoras. This
      truth was taken and turned upon its head.

      An identical state of affairs occurred within Gnosticism. Classic Gnosticism
      is nothing more than an elaborate veil designed to distract the seeker from
      the true works of Gnosticism. There existed a series of texts which revealed
      hidden knowledge which was subject to verification. These texts were
      suppressed while others were put forth by the church fathers as being
      representative of Gnosticism. The fraudulent texts were designed in order to
      keep the seeker from pondering the true aspects of the hidden knowledge.

      James Lambert
      http://web.telecom.cz/Gnostradamus/
    • Show all 170 messages in this topic