7575Re: I knew there was a reason I like Harry Potter, Star Wars, and The Matrix

    Apr 24, 2003
      > Reply to Cari's message #7528:
      >

      > >>BTW, with the new _Matrix_ sequels coming out this year, here's a
      > recent article in the _Boston Globe_:
      >

      > [Boston Globe-Of a mind over "The Matrix"]<<
      >

      > For all the interesting links you're always generously digging up
      for us, as with the recent "emic" and "etic" clarifications, I wanted
      to offer yet another Matrix recommendation for those interested in
      the film.

      > The Matrix and Philosophy-William Irwin, ed (©2002). This is part
      of a series, Popular Culture and Philosophy (I'm currently working on
      Seinfeld and Philosophy: A Book about Everything and Nothing).
      Similar to the online articles in the link you cited, it is a
      collection of essays from 24 professors. Specific mention of
      Gnosticism is limited to one page, but the general philosophical
      themes pervade the book.

      > Gerry

      Thank you, Gerry, for the recommendation! The series sounds
      interesting.